Legal Fees and Disbursements
Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete the remortgage of your home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty if applicable) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales.
Please use our Quote Calculator to obtain an estimation of our fees and disbursements.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees and any indemnity policies. We handle the payment of such expenses on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
How long will my house remortgage take?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until your remortgage can complete will depend on a number of factors. The normal average process takes between 8-10 weeks. However, as you’ll appreciate the Covid pandemic is having an impact on all businesses.
The property moving sector is not immune from these impacts with a number of pinch points slowing the process affecting Conveyancers, Local Authority Searches, valuers, Surveyors, Property Management Companies, Lenders and in different ways during the process, including the withdrawal of previously agreed Mortgage Offers due to changed financial circumstances.
Consequently, the timescale is more likely to be between 12 to 15 weeks. I will keep you updated as we progress, as to likely timescales.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the remortgage of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key stages:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice.
- Check finances are in place to fund the Remortgage if required
- Carry out searches if required
- Request title information
- Request mortgage redemption.
- Give you advice on all documents and information received.
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you.
- Send final contract/ transfer to you for signature.
- Agree completion date
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you.
- Pay off any mortgage
- Complete remortgage
- Pay any balance to you by cheque, bank transfer,bacs
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax if required
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry.